PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY – GDPR
AngelSquare attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
The purpose of this document is to provide you with detailed information regarding the protection of your personal data by Angelsquare - FUNDME SAS ("We"). We are the responsible of treatment except as provided by law (Subcontractor, Joint Treatment Managers, Treatment Manager to Treatment Manager)
The purpose of this document is to inform you of how we use and protect your personal data, as well as the reasons why we process this data.
By registering on our site (angelsquare.co or formerly fundme.co), we will store and process the information provided by you, in order to offer you the best possible service.
We are authorized to process the data in this context by law (Article 6 (1b) of (EU) 2016/679) Regulation. We will delete your information once your request has been processed.
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data in the course of our activities. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the personal data (hereinafter called "personal data") that we use, the reasons for which we use them, the duration of their retention and the methods of exercise. your rights to this data.
1 THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data:
1.1 THE INFORMATION YOU DIRECTLY TRANSMIT TO US
This information contains the following data:
- The data needed to register for the service we provide on our Platform. These data include your first and last name, email address, a mini biography and a password. This information is obligatory. Failing that, AngelSquare will not be able to provide you with the services offered and you will not be allowed to create an account on our Platform.
- A photograph
- A postal address
- Investment criteria (financing stages, business sectors, investment tickets)
- Investment strategies (your investments, your exits)
- Your answers to our emails, your feedback on startups analyzed by you
- The details of your visits to our Platform and the content you have accessed
- Details of the financial or accounting transactions made on our Platform or by any other means, including the information relating to your credit card.
1.2 THE DATA WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
- In case you connect to our Platform using the 'Linkedin Connect' feature available to you, AngelSquare will have access to some of the data (including your first name, last name, photograph, e-mail address, mini biography) from your account on said social network in accordance with the general conditions of use of the social network concerned. We may also collect some of your Personal Data when you authorize this login module.
- We also collect information about your use of our Platform (number of startup card visits, online applications, registration date, etc.)
1.3 DURATION OF CONSERVATION OF YOUR DATA
1.3.1. With the exception of the categories of Personal Data referred to in Articles 1.3.2. and 1.3.3. below, your Personal Data is archived at the end of the following periods:
- 5 years after your last use of our Platform, if you have not closed your account;
- 1 year after the closing of your account, unless you have received a negative notice or report, in which case your data will be retained for 2 years following the last negative notice or report received if this duration is longer.
1.3.2. The following categories of Personal Data may be retained for different durations:
- Financial data (eg payments, refunds, etc.) are kept for the time required by applicable tax and accounting laws;
- The content created by you on our Platform (such as notices) is rendered anonymous after the deadlines mentioned in 1.3.1 but remains visible on our Platform.
1.3.3. In the event that your account has been suspended or blocked, we keep your data for a period ranging from 2 to 10 years from the suspension in order to avoid any circumvention by you of the rules in effect on our Platform.
1.3.4. The personal data relating to a prospect, non-client, may be kept for a period of three years from their collection or the last contact from the prospect.
At the end of this three-year period, we will be able to contact you again to find out if you wish to continue receiving commercial solicitations.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT?
We use the data we collect in order to:
- execute the contracts concluded between you and us and provide you with the requested information and services
- give you access and allow you to use our platform
- send you information about our services (for example, the presentation of new startups, the news of fundraising startups presented on our platform, get your opinion, etc.) by e-mail or any other means of communication.
- present you with relevant investment opportunities
- help us maintain a healthy and secure environment on our Platform
- inform you of changes to our services
- allow you to customize your profile on our Platform
- manage our Platform and perform internal technical operations for problem solving, data analysis, testing, research, analysis, studies and surveys;
- improve and optimize our Platform, in particular to ensure that the display of our content is adapted to your device.
3. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In general, we keep your Personal Data in our database located in France (at OVH). This is particularly the case for your information provided for registration and your activity on our Platform.
However, to the extent that, for example, some of our service providers (including: Mailchimp for email campaigns, Stripe for online payment) are located in countries outside the European Union ("Third Countries"), we transfer some of your Personal Data to Third Countries.
This can be the case, for example, for third countries for which the European Commission has not taken a decision of "adequate protection". In such a case, we ensure that such transfer is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations and guarantees a level of protection a sufficient level of protection of the privacy and fundamental rights of individuals (in particular by the standard contractual clauses of the Commission European).
4. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS?
- In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have different rights, namely:
- Right of access: You can obtain information about the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of this personal data.
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you may require that personal data be modified accordingly.
- Right to limit processing: you can request the limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to erase: you may require the erasure of your personal data.
- Right of opposition: You can oppose the processing of your personal data, for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to the portability of your data: when this right is applicable, you have the right to the personal data you have provided to you or, where technically possible, to transfer it to a third party.
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority such as the CNIL (National Commission for Informatics and Liberties) in France.
AngelSquare is committed to doing what it can to ensure the security of your data.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, accidental or unlawful alteration, unauthorized disclosure of personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, or unauthorized access to such data.
However, you should keep in mind that the Internet is an open system and that we can not guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to circumvent these measures or use your personal data for improper purposes.
AngelSquare may contain links to third party websites. AngelSquare is not responsible for the content of these sites or the privacy standards and practices of this third party. We recommend that you read and understand the appropriate privacy policies of these third parties and their websites before accepting their cookies and consulting their site to ensure that your personal data is sufficiently protected.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US?
You can exercise your rights by sending us a registered letter to Angelsquare - "Personal Data Protection Department" 46, rue de Douai - 75009 - Paris - France
updated on May 16, 2018